Stuffed Peppers, Mexican Style
1.2 lbs. lean ground turkey
4 large bell peppers (I used purple)
1 cup of cooked white rice
1/2 medium onion, diced fine
1 Tbsp. Cumin
1 Tbsp. Chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. salsa
32 oz. Spicy V-8 Juice
1) In a large bowl mix together turkey, cooked rice, onion and seasonings. Blend well.
2) Cut tops of peppers and discard membrane and seeds.
3) Stuff meat/rice mixture into peppers and place in an oven safe covered casserole.
4) Top each pepper with 1 Tbsp. salsa and pour V-8 in casserole to about 1/2 way up each pepper.
5) Cover, bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes and uncovered for an additional 30 minutes or until meat is cooked through.