Welcome!

Hi and thank you for visiting my blog. My name is Tina, I am 42 years old and married to a wonderful man named Robert. I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area with my husband and our two pugs, Koko and Lucy and a special kitty, named Trixie.

I am of Italian decent and love to cook not just for my family but for everyone! I have a lot of weeknight dinner guest and try to keep it casual but delicious! My Mom passed away a few years ago and was my great teacher.

In 2012 I have changed the way I eat. A real lifestyle change to be healthier, eat a nutrient dense diet and remove all processed foods, refined flours and sugars from our diet. I do cook a lot healthier than my Mom did and do a lot more vegetarian meals, poultry and fish. I'm trying to find a way to keep the traditions of family, friends and good food in my house always.

I plan to post my weekly menus, update with new recipes, health information and articles and how to eat mostly organic in an economical way. I will also periodically post personal updates of my journey to regain health and hope.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Shinto rocks...especially on Tuesday!

Tonight we went to our favorite Japanese restaurant, Shinto (http://www.shintoexperience.com/) in Strongsville, OH. Shinto is both a Teppanaki restaurant and they also serve a sushi/sashimi menu. Lately we've been only heading to the tables for hibachi food cooked by chefs with a lot of cooking and entertainment skills, however, tonight our mission was sushi. If you do go there for hibachi be sure to ask for our favorite hibachi chefs Mike Jones or Ricky Martin (I am sure theses are not the names their mother's gave them) but Ricky can really shake his bum bum!

We've been trying to find a good time to go to sushi with my sister in law and her husband for awhile. They are novice sushi eaters and apparently I am the family sushi expert. A title I am proud to hold by the way. We finally had a common open date and Tuesday nights Shinto has half priced sushi so tonight was the night.

The night started with our waitress spilling a full 22 oz. Sapporo in my lap. But I wasn't going to let a pair of wet pants and smelling like a drunk deter me from my mission. We had Sapporo Gold, Miso Soup, Shrimp tempura, edamame, and gyoza to start. Then our sushi & sashimi arrived with our hot sake. We had a very good variety but my favorite is the Unagi roll (Smoked eel).

I didn't take any pictures, but it was all beautiful and delicious. They have a ton of pictures on the Shinto website so check it out.

I will say the service on half-priced sushi night was very slow, but not so slow you became uber annoyed, just not the level it usually is. The highlight of the night was when the bill came, we had a ton of food, enough drinks to feel a nice buzz and all for $36/per couple. You can't beat that!! The best part is I now I have two more people to go to sushi with as Robert isn't a huge fan. He did come along tonight and was a trooper trying everything (even sashimi) but this just isn't his thing. We had to stop at the new Hershey Ice Cream shop on the way home for a milkshake for him. So we all went home happy!

No comments: