Welcome!

Hi and thank you for visiting my blog. My name is Tina, I am 42 years old and married to a wonderful man named Robert. I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area with my husband and our two pugs, Koko and Lucy and a special kitty, named Trixie.

I am of Italian decent and love to cook not just for my family but for everyone! I have a lot of weeknight dinner guest and try to keep it casual but delicious! My Mom passed away a few years ago and was my great teacher.

In 2012 I have changed the way I eat. A real lifestyle change to be healthier, eat a nutrient dense diet and remove all processed foods, refined flours and sugars from our diet. I do cook a lot healthier than my Mom did and do a lot more vegetarian meals, poultry and fish. I'm trying to find a way to keep the traditions of family, friends and good food in my house always.

I plan to post my weekly menus, update with new recipes, health information and articles and how to eat mostly organic in an economical way. I will also periodically post personal updates of my journey to regain health and hope.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Banana Cream Pie



This is a banana cream pie Sandra Lee would be proud of. I had a lot of bananas that were almost over ripe and decided to use them up and my milk was expiring today. Soo..this pie took about 5 minutes to make but was a really nice finale to our beige dinner.

Banana Cream Pie
1 9 inch graham cracker pie crust (I bought Honeymade)
3 bananas sliced
Juice from half a lemon
1 box instant banana pudding (made with skim milk)
1 container Cool Whip light
1 bar of dark chocolate

Slice bananas and squeeze lemon juice over top and place in the graham cracker crust. Make pudding according to package instructions (use 1/4 cup less milk) and pour over top of bananas. Refrigerate for about an hour, cover with the cool whip and using your veggie peeler shave the chocolate over top. You can serve immediately.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

omgosh... that looks so good. :)

Beth G. @SweetLifeKitchen said...

Looks brilliant- and sounds so easy!! I love banana cream pie!

kaitlin said...

Makes my mouth water!! Shh, it's not on my diet though :(

GlimmerGal said...

Kaitlin,

Besides the crust and sprinkle of chocolate you could do this whole recipe with sugar free/fat free products and it would be excellent I am sure. In fact, my grocery store even offers a low fat graham cracker crust.

Just use sugar free milk when making the fat free banana pudding and buy the fat free/sugar free cool whip. Let me know if you try it.