Welcome!

Hi and thank you for visiting my blog. My name is Tina, I am 42 years old and married to a wonderful man named Robert. I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area with my husband and our two pugs, Koko and Lucy and a special kitty, named Trixie.

I am of Italian decent and love to cook not just for my family but for everyone! I have a lot of weeknight dinner guest and try to keep it casual but delicious! My Mom passed away a few years ago and was my great teacher.

In 2012 I have changed the way I eat. A real lifestyle change to be healthier, eat a nutrient dense diet and remove all processed foods, refined flours and sugars from our diet. I do cook a lot healthier than my Mom did and do a lot more vegetarian meals, poultry and fish. I'm trying to find a way to keep the traditions of family, friends and good food in my house always.

I plan to post my weekly menus, update with new recipes, health information and articles and how to eat mostly organic in an economical way. I will also periodically post personal updates of my journey to regain health and hope.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Two fish per week in 2008!

The other day I saw a nutritionist on television say that we should be eating two fish servings per week for optimal heart health. So, considering Robert and I both have heart disease in our families I thought it was about time we started eating more fish. We both enjoy fish but it always seems out of my repertoire to cook it well. Sooo, we will be doing a lot of fish experiments this year.
Teriyaki Glazed Trout

1 lbs. of fresh wild trout
1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce
1/4 cup Brown sugar
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds
1 Tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Rinse fish well in cold water, and pat dry.
2) In a zip lock baggie add fish and other ingredients. Shake well.
3) Marinate for about 30-60 minutes.
4) Place on a broiler pan sprayed with olive oil skin side down.
5) Place under broiler for about 8-10 minutes.
Serve immediately. I served this with fresh steamed broccoli and lime cilantro rice.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

we're trying to eat more fish too. though once a week is probably pushing it for us! i have a few good fish recipes in my blog if you want to try them, my favorite is the salmon in italian tomato sauce...