One of the reasons I love Italian food is it celebrates the fresh, goodness of the food without a lot of fluff. This meal is a perfect example of simple Italian cooking. This is another one pot meal, it is another very inexpensive meal, less than $5.00 and it is quick and easy!
Broccoli & Pasta
2 heads of broccoli, chopped into florets
4 cloves of garlic, sliced or minced
Crushed red pepper flakes (about 1/2 tsp.)
2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
Peccorino Romano or Parmesan Cheese
1) Bring water to boil in a large pot, add salt and pasta.
2) Five minutes into the cooking, add the broccoli.
3) Drain when pasta is a la dente.
4) In the pasta pot add a few tablespoons of olive oil, the garlic and crushed red pepper. Saute until garlic is just browned. Toss pasta back in and coat well.
5) Sprinkle with cheese and EAT!