Welcome!

Hi and thank you for visiting my blog. My name is Tina, I am 42 years old and married to a wonderful man named Robert. I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area with my husband and our two pugs, Koko and Lucy and a special kitty, named Trixie.

I am of Italian decent and love to cook not just for my family but for everyone! I have a lot of weeknight dinner guest and try to keep it casual but delicious! My Mom passed away a few years ago and was my great teacher.

In 2012 I have changed the way I eat. A real lifestyle change to be healthier, eat a nutrient dense diet and remove all processed foods, refined flours and sugars from our diet. I do cook a lot healthier than my Mom did and do a lot more vegetarian meals, poultry and fish. I'm trying to find a way to keep the traditions of family, friends and good food in my house always.

I plan to post my weekly menus, update with new recipes, health information and articles and how to eat mostly organic in an economical way. I will also periodically post personal updates of my journey to regain health and hope.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Grilled Chicken Chopped Salads

Today we ate terribly. First we had chili dogs for lunch, then we had Arthur Treachers Hushpuppies for a pre-shopping snack and then we saw this sign that said "Hot Donuts Now" and we stopped for a post-shopping snack. So, I decided to make a pretty healthy and light dinner for a Saturday night.

Grilled Chicken Chopped Salads
2 stalks of Hearts of Romain
1 small onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
2 radishes, sliced thin
1/2 cucumber, diced
1 stalk of celery sliced
4 strips of turkey bacon
3 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
3 grilled chicken breast, marinated in FF Italian Dressing.

Served with low fat Sweet & Sour Dressing

No comments: