Seriously, you can't get any easier than this meal. Sure, I do not have a full time job at the moment but when I hear my working friends complain they don't have time to cook dinner I am going to start giving them this recipe. From start to finish this literally took 10 minutes and it is very healthful, balanced and super delicious.
Shrimp Kabobs with Veggie Cous Cous
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 medium onion
1/4 honey mustard (I just mixed Dijon and honey)
1.5 cups cous cous
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup of water
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1) Chop 2/3 of the peppers and the onions into large chunks for the kabobs, the other 1/3 of the veggies should be chopped fine for the cous cous.
2) Skewer the shrimp and veggies on wooden skewers
3) In a medium sauce pan saute the remaining 1/3 of veggies with olive oil. When the veggies are tender add the water and chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
4) Brush the kabobs with the honey mustard and set aside.
5) When then liquid has come to a full boil, add the cous cous and remove from heat for 5 minutes.
6) Place kabobs on the grill or under the broiler and cook until shrimp is pink all over (about 2 minutes on each side.