Tonight I had my nephews for dinner again. We had so much fun today! I didn't have too much time in the kitchen between golf, going out to lunch, swimming and tennis! I made a quick go-to meal that I knew the boys would like. It is called Tater Tot Casserole. I received this recipe from one of the girls on the http://www.thenest.com/ (FunkyBunny) but I adapted it to suit our family.
Turkey Tater Tot Casserole
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1/2 medium onion chopped fine
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use low sodium)
1 bag frozen mixed veggies
1 bag frozen tater-tots
1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar jack)
1) Brown turkey and onion in olive oil until brown through
2) Add the canned soup and heat until well blended
3) Layer the meat/soup mixture in a 9 x 13 casserole dish
4) Spread the vegetable medley over the meat
5) Layer the tater tots in a single layer over the vegetables
6) Sprinkle cheese over the veggies
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
Tip: The original recipe called for Ground beef (drained) and cream of mushroom soup.