Welcome!

Hi and thank you for visiting my blog. My name is Tina, I am 42 years old and married to a wonderful man named Robert. I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area with my husband and our two pugs, Koko and Lucy and a special kitty, named Trixie.

I am of Italian decent and love to cook not just for my family but for everyone! I have a lot of weeknight dinner guest and try to keep it casual but delicious! My Mom passed away a few years ago and was my great teacher.

In 2012 I have changed the way I eat. A real lifestyle change to be healthier, eat a nutrient dense diet and remove all processed foods, refined flours and sugars from our diet. I do cook a lot healthier than my Mom did and do a lot more vegetarian meals, poultry and fish. I'm trying to find a way to keep the traditions of family, friends and good food in my house always.

I plan to post my weekly menus, update with new recipes, health information and articles and how to eat mostly organic in an economical way. I will also periodically post personal updates of my journey to regain health and hope.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Party today!



Today we are heading to my nephew's birthday party. I made some traditional macaroni salad to add to the feast. I can't wait to have a piece of birthday cake!


This is a recipe I picked up in Amish country.


Mrs. Yoders Macaroni Salad

1 lb. elbow macaroni - cooked to package directions and rinsed in cold water.

3 hard boiled eggs, chopped fine

1/2 medium onion grated fine on the cheese grater

1 green bell pepper chopped fine

3 stalks of celery chopped fine

1/2 cup of matchstick carrots

1 cups of miracle whip (I use light)
½ cup of mayonnaise (I use light)

3 Tbsp. dijon mustard

3 Tbsp. white sugar

2 tsp. white vinegar

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. black pepper

3/4 tsp. celery seed


In a large bowl combine pasta, egg, onion, pepper, and celery.In a small bowl whisk together the miracle whip, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper and celery seed until smooth and creamy.Pour over pasta/veggie mixture and chill before serving.


Tip: I usually don't add all the dressing at once...I reserve some for later as the pasta will absorb a lot of the dressing. Also, add some grated cheddar for a different version of this fabulous salad.




No comments: