Hi and thank you for visiting my blog. My name is Tina, I am 42 years old and married to a wonderful man named Robert. I live in the Cleveland, Ohio area with my husband and our two pugs, Koko and Lucy and a special kitty, named Trixie.
I am of Italian decent and love to cook not just for my family but for everyone! I have a lot of weeknight dinner guest and try to keep it casual but delicious! My Mom passed away a few years ago and was my great teacher.
In 2012 I have changed the way I eat. A real lifestyle change to be healthier, eat a nutrient dense diet and remove all processed foods, refined flours and sugars from our diet. I do cook a lot healthier than my Mom did and do a lot more vegetarian meals, poultry and fish. I'm trying to find a way to keep the traditions of family, friends and good food in my house always.
I plan to post my weekly menus, update with new recipes, health information and articles and how to eat mostly organic in an economical way. I will also periodically post personal updates of my journey to regain health and hope.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Kissing for HEALTH!!
It starts with a kiss! Along with the obvious side effects like making you feel loved and turning you on, I just read an article that shows there’s now proof to back up the following other benefits of kissing:
1. It can boost your metabolism. The more passionate the kiss, the more calories it burns.
2. It helps keep your face slender. Apparently, making out works out something like 30 of your face’s muscles. How about that for a skincare regimen?
3. It’s an intimate way to get to know the other person.
4. A makeout a day… the saliva you produce when kissing helps to rid your teeth of bacteria and fight plaque.
5. It makes you happy through the release of dopamine and norepinephrine.
6. It’s a sexy de-stresser. Kissing also releases oxytocin which calms you down.
So when your partner gets home tonight or the next time you meet up with a hottie...break out the breath spray and get your make-out on!